What is DFLA?
Our mission is to defend Universal Human Rights within the Democratic Party and to elect Whole Life Democrats. We seek to end the influence of systems of pervasive injustice, particularly the mass lethal injustice of abortion, and other human rights abuses, and to build a life-affirming culture within our Party, in our communities, and in our nation.
With our message, our work, and our supporters, we uphold these values:
- Building a shared vision of tomorrow where every life is protected from Womb to Tomb
- Creating an inclusive culture of Democrats who oppose abortion and other systemic discrimination
- Acting with courage, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to grow our movement and each other
- Upholding a Consistent Life Ethic and the Democratic Party’s tenets of equality, nonviolence, and nondiscrimination
- Magnifying diverse pro-life voices within our Party including BIPOC and women elected Democrats
- Applying a holistic approach to protect all human life, through legal protection, life-affirming cultural change, and economic justice